Where once it was all about security (the huge number of dummy cameras around shows surveillance’s value as a deterrent!), the age of centralised, digital storage has opened up entirely new opportunities. Increasingly sophisticated video analysis and AI algorithmic learning mean that businesses can now turn to video data to deliver real, actionable insights into how their customers use their premises; from unexpected crowd behaviour driving architectural innovation in airports and stadiums, to footfall numbers guiding staffing levels in retail, capturing, storing and retrieving reliable digital footage has never been more important.
But whether you’re exploring these new possibilities or using surveillance in a more traditional sense, one thing is clear – if your data isn’t stored safely and securely, your surveillance installation really isn’t delivering what you’ve paid for it to deliver!
That’s why many of the industry’s largest players are turning to Seagate and our new SkyHawk family of drives. A tenth-generation surveillance-specific drive, it’s been designed from the ground up to ensure reliable performance in even the most testing of deployments.
The innovative ImagePerfect firmware enables smooth, clear video streaming for always-on, 24/7 surveillance environments, while SkyHawk’s extreme workload rating, low power consumption and ability to perform consistently in operating temperatures ranging from 0°C to 70°C (with tarnish-resistant components) offer further protection out in the field.
Built to scale with your needs, SkyHawk’s vibration tolerance and RAID-optimised hardware significantly increasing reliability in multi-drive systems:
- Built to record 90% of the time — supports up to 64 cameras
- Up to 10 TB or 2,000+1 hours of HD video
- 180 TB/year workload rating, 3× the workload of a desktop drive and backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- NVR ready drives deliver robust drive design for multi-drive environments
- Protect your data against the unexpected with an optional +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan
- HD video stream measured as a Mpeg-4 H.264 satellite and 30fps 2MP HD security or 10 Mb/s